You are invited to an event that will explore supporting women who are exploited by the sex industry.
Welsh Women’s Aid in partnership with Safer Wales and the Sexual Exploitation Advocacy support Service (SEASS)
Welsh Women’s Aid, Safer Wales and SEASS are inviting you to a seminar on Wednesday 23rd of May to explore supporting women who are exploited by the sex industry in Wales. This event aims to have speakers who are experts on this topic, to have open discussions around the key recommendations and actions to ensure women exploited by the sex industry are supported with policy and practice to end violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
At this event you will hear from the following speakers:
- Nazir Afzal, National Advisor for Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
- Fiona Broadfoot, survivor and activist, Build a Girl
- Representatives from Welsh Women’s Aid, Safer Wales, Gwent Police, South East Wales Regional Equality Council (SEWREC) and others.
The seminar will be of particular benefit to:
- Public health and criminal justice professionals
- Specialist violence against women services
- Commissioners and decision makers
* A networking lunch will be provided – please let us know of any dietary requirements
* An agenda of the day will be provided nearer the time
Members – free
Non members – £15
To register for this event please click here.