Future 40: Challenging and preventing violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence in Wales
Violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence are prevalent in all areas of Wales, as they are across the UK and the globe. They are not however, inevitable. They are preventable.
In our 40th year, Welsh Women’s Aid is looking forward to the future forty years with the aim of ending violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
The Welsh Women’s Aid National Conference will be an exciting opportunity to bring expertise, practice and policy making together to look at our commitments in Wales for prevention through education, empowerment and engagement that aim to challenge attitudes and behaviours across society. With presentations, workshops and panel discussions, this event will be a unique opportunity to hear from academics, experienced professionals and survivors to discuss the opportunities for stakeholders from across Wales to take ambitious action in the next forty years. Details below:
We currently have the following speakers / organisations attending:
- Eleri Butler, Chief Executive Officer, Welsh Women’s Aid
- Marai Larasi, Executive Director, Imkaan
- Yasmin Khan, National Advisor for Violence against Women, Gender-based violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
- Dr Sundari Anitha, University of Lincoln
- Centre for Women’s Justice
- End Violence against Women Coalition
More speakers and workshop leaders will be announced nearer the time.
Register your attendance HERE today!